Well, if you’re anything like me your (most likely pink) iPod will be filled with Katy Perry tunes and you’ll probably wish you were friends with her…
Even if you’re a little like me – I am sure you’ll agree that Katy is tonnes of fun… And don’t even try to deny that you haven’t sung along to California Girls!
I’ve compiled a few of my favourite Katy-appropriate items, sure to bring a little sparkle to your day!
1. Essie – Luxeffects Glitter Nail Enamel in ‘A Cut Above’, $18.95, Available at MYER, 1800 811 611
essie’s luxeffects nail collection features five ‘grown up’ glitter top coats.
My fave shade, A Cut Above – is super girly and brings a bit of Katy style bling to your nails.
Layer a genereous 2 -3 coats on top of your favourite hot pink enamel!
2. Benefit – Girl Meets Pearl Illuminator, $53, Available at Benefit, Call (02) 8353 5000
Every California gal needs a glowing complexion! Ms. Perry even has a little song named after this product! (OK, not really. But the song’s called Pearl and it’s open to interpretation…)
This illuminator is my fave – layer it above your cheek bones, below your eyebrows and a tiny dab on your nose for a fresh, Katy glow!
3. Katy Perry for EYELURE – Oh Honey! False Lashes, $14.95, available at Priceline, http://shop.priceline.com.au/
It’s no secret that Jess and I are lash fanatics! And Katy loves lashes so much that she’s created her own line of lashes! You can grab them for under $15 at Priceline.
4. A|Wear – Floral 50’s Skater Skirt, $47, www.awear.com
We love a little flippy floral skirt! The best bit is that you don’t need to leave your computer to get your hands on it! AND you’ll get change from $50 from this super cute little skirt! – Pair it with a white tee, ballet flats and oversized sunnies for a fun weekend look – that Katy would love, we’re sure.
5. Face of Australia – Mint of Mojito nail enamel, $4.95, www.faceofaustralia.com.au
Seriously, this fun nail enamel is UNDER $5. It’s a fun Tiffany & Co – esque colour that is perfect for Spring!
6. Soap & Glory @ KIT Cosmetics – Sexy Mother Pucker plumping lip gloss, $19.95, http://www.kitcosmetics.com.au/
For anyone who loves a bit of lip plumping action – I can’t believe you have never tried this lipgloss!!!
Sexy Motherpucker is my all time fave as it gives your lips a super cute, California gal ‘bee-stung’ look.
7. EVO – Love Touch Shine Spray, $26.95, www.evohair.com
Even if you’re not in need of any new hair products – you must check out EVO for all the ridiculously cute and quirky sayings on all their products!!
Whether Katy is rocking blue or black hair – it’s always frizz-free and super shin…
If you need a little helping hand – Love Touch shine spray is a weightless finishing spray that smooths, protects, fights frizz, adds shine and well, makes your hair just all round lovelier!
8. Josh Goot – Cap sleeve orchid Print dress, $760 (Available for pre-order now) from Green With Envy, http://www.greenwithenvy.com.au/
A fun, quirky floral print number in a very grown-up and sophisticated cut.
This dress will take you from work to cocktail soiree to Friday night parties! We can see Katy rocking this on the red carpet for sure.
9. Illamasqua – Lipsticks in acid pink Eurydice and sultry red Liable, $39, http://www.myer.com.au/
Illamasqua lip sticks pack a serious punch. They’re super colour-intense and very long lasting. In case you’re a pop star in your spare time – we promise these will last you all night long! We recommend sporting a signature, classic bright red or if you’re feeling a little fun – sport a crazy acid pink, like Eurydice!
10. Soap & Glory @ KIT Cosmetics – Butter yourself, $24.95, http://www.kitcosmetics.com.au/
Soap & Glory just screams Katy! And I am in love with Butter Yourself – if you’re a Soap & Glory fan like me, Butter Yourself is ‘The Righteous Butters’ big sister – it’s the same ultra-luxe, super hydrating consistency with a fresh fruity kick. Love it.
11. Camilla & Marc – Fairytale dress, $490, Available from Green with Envy, http://www.greenwithenvy.com.au/
Isn’t this LWD (Little White Dress) the cutest! A fresh, girly spin on the classic Spring white dress – the hot pink piping and frill adds a young and exciting spin! We love.
12. Park Avenue – ‘Sydney’ diamante point heels, $300 (On Sale now for $150!!), http://www.parkavenueshoes.com.au/
The perfect peach point just got even better… With the glitz and glamour of hundreds of Swarovski crystals! These heels are perfect for the ultimate glamour girl – we’re sure Katy would love to rock these princess points on stage.
13. Dior – Mohotani cats-eye shades, around $200, at Otticanet Online
The perfect kitty cat shades in Summer shades of red-hot red and girly pink! These fun shades are sure to glam up a black bikini at the beach as the weather warms up.
14. The Balm – Overshadow in ‘You Buy, I’ll Fly’, $22.95, Available nationally from concession stores at David Jones, call (02) 9477 6900 for your nearest
This loose-powder eyeshadow is my new go-to; it’s a glam bronzy hue with subtle gold sparkle. Perfect for lining your peepers before finishing with a generous helping of mascara or lashes.
The subtle sparkle allows you to achieve grown-up glitter girl glam in a matter of minutes… It’s California Girl sparkle that’s office or day-appropriate!
15. Face of Australia – Quenching lipstick in Malibu Barbie, $9.45, www.faceofaustralia.com.au
Aside from the fact that this fun, hot pink shade is titled Malibu Barbie – it’s perfect for those who want to try out a vibrant pink but aren’t too sure due to its fab price (It costs less than lunch!) and will keep your lips hydrated for hours.
16. Benefit – Yes they’re Real! Mascara, $38, Available at Benefit, Call (02) 8353 5000
In my opinion, fluttery lashes just scream Katy! I’ve never spotted her without glam lashes. If false lashes aren’t your thing… Invest in Benefit’s latest mascara offering – ‘Yes! They’re Real!’ Mascara – A generous helping lengths, thickens, curls and lasts all day long – allowing you to achieve luscious lashes without all the tacky glue!
A few of our favourite Katy snaps…
Have a sparkly Thursday!!!